Sostener is a collaborative project between two Monterey grower/vintners- Steve McIntyre and Michael Thomas- who are dedicated to producing affordable, premium quality Pinot Noir from the Santa Lucia Highlands.” Meaning to sustain” in Spanish, the name Sostener not only evokes the local heritage of the Salinas Valley, but also symbolizes a dedication to sustainable viticulture and Winemaking.
Sostener’s commitment to sustainability includes:
- Sourcing from SIP Certified Vineyards
- Maintaining SIP
- Certification for the winemaking process
- Packaging in a light-weight glass bottle that reduces the carbon footprint during shipping
- Utilizing a renewable cork closure
- Maintaining a low-carbon footprint by producing wine within twenty miles of the vineyard.
Winemaker: Eric Laumann
- Pinot Noir